"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Come Away with Me!

Before I hit you with a ton of updates... I'll have you know that I did in fact write this blog entry over a month ago, and am just now putting it up. Haaa... I'm telling you, life is hectic over here for me, but in so many beautiful ways! With this new post expect more to come so I can catch you up and keep you steady with my short life in Maui.

Flyin Hawaiian
Well, I’m here! I had an early morning flight with barely any sleep, so you can just imagine how exhausted I was by the time I arrived at the base. Flying over the pacific and above the clouds tasted like a small dose of Heaven. I was so anxious to get to the Island that I honestly thought we were almost there, but found out after nearly two more hours on the plane that we weren’t landing yet… haha! Once I got off the plane and grabbed my luggage I sat around for 15 minutes or so at the airport for my DTS staff, Jasmine and Ashley, to greet me. It honestly did not settle in that I was in Maui yet… not even the shining sun, warm air, or colorful landscape convinced me.

As Jasmine and Ashley drove me to the base in Haiku we left the airport in Kahului, which everyone calls “town”, and drove through Paia, a cool little hippie town below Haiku. In Paia we stopped at this awesome coffee shop, Anthony’s, which is well-known to all of YWAM Maui… delicious! Once at the base, Jasmine showed me around and alas I came to my room with a “welcome” package on my bed, and I began unpacking. I also met two other students; one from South Dakota, and the other from Germany. It was nice to get cozy and relax the rest of the night. The next morning on Friday we went to worship, which they do on Monday and Friday mornings every week… I love it! The rest of the day and Saturday we just relaxed as waves of more students arrived. We did make a beach trip, too… amazing!

Goodbye Westcoast...



...hello Hawaii!





DTS Staff: Ashley & Jasmine
Saturday night we had Opening Night at the same building where they hold morning worship. It was great… we met all the staff, and the staff introduced all the students. I got my first authentic lei! Yummy snacks and coffee.. mmm J We closed the night with worship, and an announcement about a camping trip called Exodus…

No comments:

Post a Comment