"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Love Feast

When we arrived at the church and made our way to the front doors, they busted open with some bumpin music and loud cheering. At that very second I started to scream with shear relief, because even though we were led to believe that Exodus would last three more very long days, it in fact was coming to an end. Every single staff member was there dressed in there best greeting us as we walked in dirty and smelly. I just couldn’t believe how happy I was. We all found our way to our designated seats as the music continued and announcements were made. We then were dismissed to eat… the moment all the students had been waiting for; REAL FOOD! They served us steak, salmon, rolls, salad, fruit, punch, coffee (oh yes), and dessert. Tears seriously welled up in my eyes as I began to eat it tasted that good. In fact, I will never forget how delicious that meal was.

The night transitioned into a little speech on the last supper, the love feast, where Jesus broke bread and poured wine asking the disciples to do this in remembrance of Him. It then continued on to how He washed His disciple’s feet, and at that instant I knew exactly where this was going. I started to cry. The staff was going to wash our feet, even after what we went through, and how dirty we were… I literally melted and started to heavily understand the heart behind YWAM. After having my feet washed, and being prayed over, the night ended with an amazing time of worship, a long shower, and a pillow to lay my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment